Hello friends In today’s article, I will tell you How to Lock Google Chrome Browser With a Password on your computer or laptop in an easy and fast way.
It is always not easy to protect the data. So it is always recommended to set a password for Google chrome. To do that we have provided the step-by-step process to set passwords for Google Chrome browsers.
So setting passwords for the Google Chrome browser is explained clearly. You can check the step-by-step process & follow the same to complete it. Without wasting the time let’s jump into the guide.
How to Lock Google Chrome Browser With a Password
Check the complete process and perform the same according to the process mentioned below.
- Let’s move to our computer screen open your browser.
- Search for chrome extensions.
- Click on the first link & type “Set Password Browser” in the search bar.
- Click on the lock extension.
- Then click on add to Chrome.
- Click on add extension.
- Scroll down then click on next.
- You can modify the setting of the lock extension as you want.
- Now Opening the password entry window in full-screen.
- Turn off this option. You can instantly lock your chrome browser using control + shift + L.
- You can increase or decrease the number of login attempts also.
- If you want unlimited attempts then enter “Zero” in the number of attempts.
- If somebody tries to login in more than the number of attempts then you can perform some specific actions like close the browser or clear the history.
- Open a new incognito profile if you want to delete the browser history also.
- Then turn on the clear history.
- Click on allow now & enter a password to lock the chrome browser.
- You can also enter a password hint if you want to click on save.
- Successfully the password protection is turned on.
- Now I’ll instantly lock the browser using control + shift + L
- Now you can see that your browser is locked.
- Now enter your password then press enter as you can see that your browser is unlocked.
- Now then click on the extension icon you can pin and unpin the extension from here if you want.
- Click on the three lines.
- Then click on the options by clicking on the history icon.
- You can see the lock and unlocked history of the browser.
- Click on the setting icon if you want to turn off the password protection from the browser.
- Click on the Quit button as you can see that the password protection is off.
Hope you got the required information on how to set a password for the Google Chrome browser. If you have any doubts feel free to ask your questions in the comment box below. If you found this article helpful follow Tech Lops and also share the article with your friends and family.