What’s up guys this is Michael from Tech Lops and today I’m going to tell you 7 Gmail Tips and Tricks that everybody should know. So most of these tricks are quite simple but overall they’re going to enhance their experience using Gmail.
Gmail is one of the most popular web-based email services on the market. With its intuitive interface and fast, reliable service, Gmail has made life easier for people all over the world.
But there are some hidden features that you may not know about! Here are 7 tips to help you get more out of your Gmail experience! Let’s check them now.
Gmail Tips and Tricks
So let’s get started
- Undoing an Email
- Adding a Signature at the end of your email
- Scheduling an Email
- Vacation Mode
- Deleting Large Emails
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Confidential Mode
So these are the 7 best Gmail tips & tricks which we will know one by one now.
Undoing an Email
So the first trick is related to undoing an email after you’ve sent it. So we have kept an email ready and once I click send you can see that they’ve given me an option to undo it but this is gonna stay only for five seconds. Now you can see that it’s gone. So now if I want to undo it I don’t have any option all I can do is view the email.
So now what we can do is go to settings and then increase the time for which the undo button stays
- You’ve got to go to settings on the top right.
- After that, you’ve got to click on see all settings.
- Then you have to scroll down you’ll find an option to undo send.
- Then the send cancellation period is for 5 seconds currently
- Just make it 30 or for as long as you want it to stay.
- Scroll down and just click on save changes.
- So now the changes are made.
You decide you don’t want to send the email you can just press undo and now it’s undone. So this is one feature that I really like because after you sent an email there’s no way to undo it so I prefer keeping it for a longer period of time.
Adding a Signature at the end of your email
Now the second thing that I’m going to talk about is adding a signature at the end of your email. So I’m sure you’d have seen that in a lot of business emails they’ll have some images or tagline at the end of every email and it’s extremely simple to do.
This what you’ve got to do is again just
- Go to settings.
- Then click on see all settings.
- After that, you have to scroll down and over here this is setting which is called a signature.
- So this is going to append at the end of all outgoing messages.
- So now just click on create new, so you’ve just got to give this a name and where you can design the signature.
- If you want to add some images they have an option for that as well so if you click on the insert image.
- Then you can upload it from my drive or from google or anything else
- So the same way you can change the font.
- You can make it bold italics, you can underline it so they’ve tons of options over here.
- After this, you’ve just got to make changes to the setting.
So where the signature defaults you can decide for new email use whether you want no signature or you want to keep the signature which you just created. So if you have many different signatures you can select one from all of the options after that you can decide whether or not to reply or forward you want to use it. So that’s up to you. so once you’ve made all of these changes scroll down and click on save changes.
Scheduling an Email
Now the third trick is scheduling an email so what you can do is type the entire email right now and keep the draft ready and then you can decide when you want the email to get sent. So I’ll just tell you how that works.
- Again click on compose.
- After that, you can type your email over there.
- Then you’ll see that there’s an arrow next to send.
- Just click on that and over its written schedule send.
- So when you click on that you can decide.
- When you want to send it.
- So they have some default options like tomorrow morning this afternoon or what you can do is just click on pick date and time.
- So you can decide exactly which date you want to send it on and at what time and just click on schedule sent.
- Now you can see that it’s scheduled.
The next trick is vacation mode. So if you’ve gone for a vacation or if you aren’t going to check your emails for let’s say a week then what you can do is just enable this mode so then if someone sends you an email you can just send an automated response informing them that you’re traveling.
- So to enable this you’ve got to go to settings.
- Click on see all settings then you have to scroll down.
- At the bottom, they have a vacation responder so currently, it’s off.
- Just click on this button over here.
- Now it’s on.
- After that, you’ve got to enter the dates from which you won’t be able to check your emails.
- You can make changes to this.
- After that, you can send the subject traveling, So this is all up to you.
- Then over here you can just type anything that you want saying that you won’t be able to check your emails until this date and then they have an option only to send a response to people in your contacts.
- So then if you get an email from an unknown person they won’t send this.
- Once you’re done, just click on save changes.
So this is how you can keep this vacation message on.
Deleting Large Emails
The next trick is related to deleting large emails. So google drive only gives you 15 Gb of storage and let’s say you’re running out of it then what you can do is go through all of the emails which have attachments over a certain size. So to do that
- Click on the filter button.
- So this is to filter your search after that next to the size.
- You can select greater than and then just enter a certain size.
- So over here you can see all of the emails.
- Select all of them by clicking over here.
- Then you can just delete all of them.
So this will help to clear up space and the same way you can make changes in the filter.
The next trick is keyboard shortcuts. Go to settings you’ll find an option called keyboard shortcuts and this is usually off in most accounts. So just click on keyboard shortcuts and then click on save changes. So now if you press shift and the question mark together you’ll get a list of all the shortcuts which you can use.
So they have different shortcuts for different topics like composing an email formatting it and if you scroll down they have even more shortcuts. So these are usually disabled but if you click on enable then you can use all of these shortcuts. If you’re someone that uses Gmail often then these will really help you save time. So let’s say you want to do small tasks like forward or forward in a new window then these shortcuts will help you save time.
The last trick I’m going to talk about is the confidential mode. So before sending an email you have an option to enable confidential mode and by enabling this the recipient can’t copy forward or download the email which you sent to them. So I’ll tell you how it works
- So again compose an email.
- At the bottom, you’ll find an option over here to turn on and off confidential mode.
- So it’s this icon [You can see in the above image] that is over here.
- Just click on it.
- Then you can set the expiration date so for one week if you don’t want them to do any of these, You can set it for one week or there are many more options
- You can select one of these after that you can decide whether you want to require a passcode.
- So you can read this to get the information so if you select SMS passcode then you have to enter the phone number of the recipient and then google will send them the passcode or else you can just click on no SMS passcode and then save this.
We hope you’ve picked up a few new tricks from this article. There are many reasons to love Gmail, and now you know how to make the most of it! What other hidden features have you found in your Gmail account? Let us know on social media or mention them in the below comment box. Hope these tricks helped you and if they did don’t forget to follow Tech Lops and I’ll see you guys in the next one.